Why Living With Mold Is Hazardous to Your Health

Why Living With Mold Is Hazardous to Your Health

While mold spores can be found almost anywhere, those spores become a problem once they find a dark, damp area to call their home. If you spot—or smell—mold growth in areas of your home such as the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room, don’t delay in remediating it! Living with mold is hazardous to your health and the health of everyone else living with you. Read on to learn why.

Allergic Reactions

Mold is a common allergen, as about 20 percent of the population has an allergy to it. If you’ve got a mold problem in your home, it could trigger allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, leading to sniffling, sneezing, itchy or watery eyes, and difficulty breathing.

Fatigue

Long-term exposure to mold can cause a foggy, exhausted feeling in those who inhale the spores. This is because mold impacts the air quality of your home, posing a danger to everyone breathing that air. Symptoms of mold-induced fatigue include chronic daytime sleepiness, weak and sore muscles, and slow reflex responses.

Headaches

Inhaling mold can also cause chronic headaches in those who rarely experienced headaches before. Don’t wait until everyone in the house is suffering from pounding headaches to have your mold problem remediated. The minute you see or smell evidence of mold growth, call an expert to kill that growth.

Mycotoxin Exposure

Some molds are more harmful to humans than others. If you’re dealing with toxic molds, such as those from the genera Aspergillus and Penicillium, you run the risk of inhaling dangerous toxins. Symptoms of exposure to these toxins range from physical to neurological, including the following:

  • Memory loss
  • Imbalanced moods
  • Heightened food sensitivity
  • Joint pain
  • Skin rashes

Even if you’re unsure whether the mold in your home is toxic or not, call a remediation expert to banish the mold growth once and for all. You’re better off safe than sorry.

Living with mold growing in your home is hazardous to your health, as well as the health of everyone else in the home. Put mold remediation at the top of your to-do list if you notice it growing anywhere indoors!

+ posts

Leave a Comment

2 × 2 =